Since its inception in 1984, the Breeders’ Cup has grown into a two-day event held after the horse racing season. The Horse of the Year is frequently decided at the Breeders’ Cup Classic. The 39th Breeders’ Cup Classic is scheduled at Keeneland in Lexington, Kentucky, on Saturday, November 5, 2022.
But before the event happens, you must first ensure that you stay updated with the important things about the 2022 Breeders Cup, such as the odds, predictions, and qualified contenders. Knowing these bits of information will help you analyze the race and identify which horse has the highest chance of winning.
So, if you plan to bet on the 2022 Breeders Cup classic race, you should continue reading to know who you should bet.
2022 Breeders Cup Classic Official Contenders
We will first discuss the list of official contenders to run on November 5 at Keeneland. If you still don’t know who will run in the 39th Breeders Cup Classic, here are some of the official runners of the 39th Breeders Cup Classic.
- Cyberknife:Owned by Gold Square, LLC (AI Gold), bred by Kenneth L.Ramsay and Sarah K. Ramsay, and trained by Brad Cox.
- Epicenter:Owned by Winchell Thoroughbreds LLC, bred by Westwind Farms, and trained by Steven Asmussen.
- Flightline:Owned by Hronis Racing LLC, Summer Wind Equine, West Point Thoroughbreds, Inc., Siena Farm LLC, Woodford Racing, LLC, bred by Summer Wind Equine and trained by John Saddler
- Happy Saver:Owned by Wertheimer and Frere, bred by Wertheimer Et Frere, and trained by Todd Pletcher.
- Hot Rod Charlie:Owned by Roadrunner Racing, Boat Racing, LLC, Gainesway Stable (Antony Beck) & Strauss Bros Racing, bred by Edward A. Cox and trained by Doug O’Neill.
- Life is Good:Owned by WinStar Farm, LLC & CHC Inc, bred by Gary & Mary West Stables Inc., and trained by Todd Pletcher.
- Olympiad:Owned by Grandview Equine, Cheyenne Stables LLC & LNJ Foxwoods, bred by Emory A. Hamilton and trained by William Mott.
- Rich Strike:Owned by RED TR Racing, LLC, bred by Calumet Farm, and trained by Eric Reed.
- Taiba:Owned by Zedan Racing Stables, Inc., bred by Bruce C Ryan, and trained by Bob Baffert.
Odds for the Upcoming 39th Breeders Cup Classic
In comparison to other sports, horse racing treats odds with utmost importance. That is due to how frequently horse racing odds change in the weeks and days before a major race. To avoid missing out on potential profits when the price changes, bettors must determine the best time to place their stake.
That’s why we will discuss the latest odds for the 2022 Breeders Cup Classic race as per writing. Below are the latest odds you can check out days before the race.
Life is Good (+800)
Hot Rod Charlie (+5000)
Rich Strike (+5000)
Happy Saver (+10000)
Remember that horse race betting odds change as we approach the said event. So, it’s highly recommended to check out the Breeders Cup odds with TVG regularly. This way, you will know the latest odds of the contenders closer to the race schedule.
The Prediction of the 2022 Breeders Cup Classic
This year’s winning projection is Flightline. He is the favorite horse picked by experts making him the most enticing horse to bet on if you want a high chance of winning. You have to consider at least the idea that a racehorse might reach the winner’s circle if all of the top handicappers agree on that horse’s chances.
In each of the five races in his record, the racehorse has never placed lower than first. Additionally, he has never recorded a speed figure below three digits. Plus, he broke his maiden at Santa Anita in April last year with a lead of more than 13 lengths.
You also need to consider that Flightline’s top jockey Flavien Prat has won five races, and unless he chooses to take a day off on the race day, I anticipate him to give Flightline a sixth victory.
Aside from Flightline, other contenders are projected to defeat Flightline and take home the championship title possibly. These contenders are Epicenter and Life is Good.
Epicenter is trained by a known horse race trainer Steve Asmussen. This bay colt, who is three years old, has cemented his place among the best racehorses.
He has placed in nine of 10 career starts, taking home six victories. The Jim Dandy Stakes (Grade II) and the Travers Stakes (Grade I) last August, which were both held at Saratoga, were his most recent victories. His connections are unmatched, and his speed numbers are comparable to Flightline’s.
The official contenders of the 396th Breeders Cup Classic have been announced, and the odds for each of these contenders are also available to examine. Moreover, predictions have also been started by horse racing experts as they have already figured out the favorite horse to win this year.